hProlog is a high-performance Prolog system written for experimental purposes. It was originally intended as an alternative backend for HAL. Some noteworhty features are:
- global variables
- attributed variables
- a CHR compiler and runtime system
- various libraries
- only maintained on x86_64 under Linux
Current VersionTo obtain the most recent version of hProlog, please contact Bart Demoen.
- B. Demoen, M. Garcia de la Banda and P. Stuckey, Trying out alternatives for type class support in a new back end for HAL, Proceedings of the Colloquium on Implementation of Constraint and Logic Programming Systems (CICLOPS 2001) (Pontelli, E., ed.), vol TR-CS-003/2001, New Mexico State University Technical Reports, pp. 15-31, 2001
- R. Vandeginste, K. Sagonas and B. Demoen, Segment order preserving and generational garbage collection for Prolog, Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages, 4th International Symposium, PADL 2002, Proceedings (Krishnamurthi, S. and Ramakrishnan, C.R., eds.), vol 2257, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 299-317, 2002
- B. Demoen, Dynamic attributes, their hProlog implementation, and a first evaluation, Department of Computer Science, K.U.Leuven, Report CW 350, Leuven, Belgium, October, 2002 [paper]
- B. Demoen, and P. Nguyen, A tag change with support for extra types and two more experiments in hProlog, Proceedings of CICLOPS 2003: Colloquium on Implementation of Constraint and Logic Programming Systems (Rocha, R. and Ferreira, M., eds.), vol Technical Report DCC-2003-05, DC, pp. 59-74, 2003
- T. Schrijvers, D. Warren, and B. Demoen, CHR for XSB, Proceedings of CICLOPS 2003: Colloquium on Implementation of Constraint and LOgic Programming Systems (Lopes, R. and Ferreira, M., eds.), pp. 7-20, 2003 [proceedings]
- T. Schrijvers and B. Demoen, The K.U.Leuven CHR system: implementation and application, Proceedings of the First Workshop on Constraint Handling Rules: Selected Contributions, Ulm, Germany (Thom Frühwirth and Marc Meister eds.), May 2004 [proceedings]
- T. Schrijvers and D. Warren, Constraint handling rules and tabled execution, Proceedings of The 20th International Conference on Logic Programming, St.-Malo, France (Demoen, B. and Lifschitz, V., eds.), September 2004, accepted
The whole of the hProlog1.3 distribution (tarred-gzipped from 5-10-2001; just a snap shot of the day - the version used mainly for a CICLOPS2001 paper - except for the global variables implementation which has changed in the mean time)
These older versions of hProlog use the XSB reader and the ilProlog compiler.